GC-MS with Cold EI (also known as Supersonic GC-MS) can be applied with few major advantages to practically all GC-MS analysis types as demonstrated in it over 100 publications and applications listed below. We publish on a weekly basis examples of some of our results at the Advanced GC-MS Blog Journal and we beieve that we have more advanced GC-MS applications than any other vendor in this area. The main features of enhanced molecular ion, improved confidence in sample identification, significantly increased range of thermally labile and low volatility samples amenable for analysis, much faster analysis, improved sensitivity particularly for compounds that are hard to analyze and the many other features and options provide compelling reasons to use the GC-MS with Cold EI in broad range of areas including:
- Petrochemical and hydrocarbons analysis
Forensic analysis (arson, explosives, drugs, unknowns)
Service and institution GC-MS analysis
High end research GC-MS
Pesticide analysis, food safety and quality
Pharmaceutical and drug analysis
We have experience with an extensive range of GC-MS with Cold EI applications, and perhaps one or few among those overlap with your field of interest. Thus, please communicate with us about your challenging applications and we shall be happy to develop a 5975-SMB GC-MS method for your application and needs, based on our discussions and your samples. We shall analyze your samples and provide you with a file of the results and our further suggestions and recommendations for your consideration.
Note that the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB GC-MS can serve as an alternative to many LC-MS analyses with several advantages including the ability to use library for easy sample identification (plus isotope abundance analysis), having fragment information with extended structural and isomer information in a low cost single quad system, having uniform semi quantitative response (unlike ESI) that can provide semi-quantitative data for unknowns without calibration, elimination of ion suppression effects and the fact that GC-MS has a one easy-to-employ method that encompasses most of its applications in contrast to LC-MS that requires lengthy method development for each new sample.
The Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI (EI of cold molecules in a supersonic molecular beam) has many advantageous features as listed in the Supersonic GC-MS page.
The following are a few lists of features that make the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI (Supersonic GC-MS) especially useful for the indicated application:
Petrochemical and hydrocarbons analysis: Significantly enhanced molecular ions that are always observed, isomer and structurally significant mass spectral peaks and extended range of low volatility hydrocarbons that are amenable for analysis including waxes up to C74H150 makes the 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS a most valuable GC-MS, particularly in comparison with standard GC-MS that often fails to enable hydrocarbon identification due to lack of molecular ions and similarity of low mass fragments. The Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB is also uniquely compatible with the pulsed flow modulation GCxGC 20 ml/min second column flow rate requirements. We analyzed broad range of petrochemicals, fuels and hydrocarbon mixtures, including gasoline, kerosene, naphthenic acids, diesel fuel, various oil types, transformer oil, Biodiesel, wax and broad range of geochemical samples. A special isomer abundance analysis method was developed for fuel characterization. We shall be happy to show you our results and demonstrate the capabilities of the 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS on your sample. For detailed information please read A. B. Fialkov and A. Amirav "Hydrocarbons and Fuel Analysis with the Supersonic GC-MS - The Novel Concept of Isomer Abundance Analysis". J. Chromatogr. A. 1195, 127-135 (2008). The combination of extended range and enhanced molecular ion is demonstrated in the enclosed Wax by SMB Figure.
Geochemical research: Significantly enhanced molecular ions that are always observed (can be dominant for hopanes/stearanes), major isomer and structurally significant mass spectral peaks, extended range of low volatility hydrocarbons that are amenable for analysis and unique isotope ratio information (without combustion) plus the ability to perform unique isomer abundance analysis for oil origin correlation make the 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS a most valuable GC-MS for organic geochemical applications as demonstrated in the enclosed Geochemistry by SMB Figure (obtain with David Zinniker)
Forensic (arson, explosives, drugs, unknowns): Enhanced and trustworthy molecular ions, extended range of thermally labile compounds amenable for analysis including all the major labile explosives, isotope abundance analysis software for improved sample identification, ChromatoProbe solid sample introduction device (connected simultaneously with another column), Open Probe and ultra fast GC-MS analysis make the Supersonic GC-MS the ideal Forensic GC-MS system. With the Supersonic GC-MS you could get a step closer to make the CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) TV scenes with GC-MS a reality. Touch the sample, push it inside the GC-MS and get in a few seconds an accurate answer on the type of mixture or compound analyzed. We shall be happy to further explain how this vision can be better addressed with the 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS, just ask us about it. The enclosed TATP by SMB Figure demonstrates TATP analysis with its two conformer peaks, in less then two minutes and with dominant molecular ion. The 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS is capable of achieving <0.1 pg LOD on the TATP molecular ion.
Environmental analysis: Enhanced molecular ions, extended range of compounds amenable for analysis, superior sensitivity particularly for compounds that are the bottleneck of the whole analysis and faster analysis are the main attractive features of the Supersonic GC-MS. Examples include much lower LOD for phthalates such as dinonylphthalate and didecylphthalate in the 8270 method analysis or much larger PAHs amenable for analysis such as decacyclene, ovalene and even C60, degradation free analysis of carbamazepine and its metabolites in treated sewage water and steroid analysis without derivatization.
Pesticide analysis and food safety: Enhanced molecular ions, extended range of compounds amenable for analysis, superior sensitivity for those pesticides that are the bottleneck of the whole analysis and faster analysis are the main attractive features of the 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS. The enhanced molecular ion and lack of ion source peak tailing and degradation can further serve for improved sensitivity and selectivity. We found that SIM on the molecular ion is as clean and free from matrix interference as MS-MS on a fragment. As a result, the 5975-SMB can uniquely serve for universal pesticide analysis with simultaneous full scan and target pesticides SIM with extended range of "LC-MS pesticides". Isotope abundance analysis provides greater confidence level in the pesticide identification. The ability to analyze the full range of carbamate pesticides and many of the LC-MS pesticides makes the 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS the ideal system to provide confirmatory pesticide identification to supplement and complement LC-MS and further analyze those few pesticides that are difficult by both LC-MS and GC-MS (Captan, Captafol Folpet etc). For further information please read M. Kochman, A. Gordin, P. Goldshlag, S. J. Lehotay and A. Amirav "Fast, High Sensitivity, Multi-Pesticide Analysis of Complex Mixtures with the Supersonic GC-MS" J. Chromatog. A. 974, 185-212 (2002). and A. B. Fialkov, A. Gordin and A. Amirav "Extending the
Compounds Amenable for Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry Analysis" J. Chromatog. A. 991, 217-240 (2003).
Pharmaceutical and drug analysis: The supersonic GC-MS is the only GC-MS that can analyze medium size drugs that are not amenable for standard GC-MS analysis including Reserpine Itraconazole, underivatized steroids etc. In addition, unlike LC-MS the 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS provides quantitative information on drug synthesis yield and on the abundance of drug contamination, it has no ion suppression effects and the analysis are fast, under 8 min analysis cycle time. Our 5975-SMB is the only mass spectrometry system with uniform, approximately compound independent response, which as a result enables the quantitative determination of drug impurities without their identification and response calibration.
Clinical toxicology: Enhanced molecular ions, extended range of compounds amenable for analysis, superior sensitivity for compounds that are the bottleneck of the whole analysis and faster analysis are the main attractive features of the Supersonic GC-MS for clinical toxicology. In addition, the 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS can serve to confirm (or reject) LC-MS identifications.
Food and fragrance: Enhanced molecular ions, isotope abundance analysis software for improved unknown sample identification, unique isomer mass spectral effects and compatibility with pulsed flow modulation GCxGC-MS make the Supersonic GC-MS the ideal GC-MS for the food and fragrance industry as an information generation machine.
High end research GC-MS: As a unique and powerful new technology the Supersonic GC-MS provides a rare opportunity to perform your GC-MS related research and obtain unique, insightful and publishable results. The Supersonic GC-MS can be used in all types of research and enable you to lead the way and obtain cutting edge new results. Please communicate with us and we shall be happy to analyze your challenging sample and demonstrate how the Supersonic GC-MS can help you.
Service and institution GC-MS: Enhanced and trustworthy molecular ions, significant structural and isomer mass spectral effects, isotope abundance analysis software for improved sample identification and for the provision of elemental formulas (as required for journal publications) and significantly extended range of low volatility and thermally labile compounds amenable for analysis are all attractive features of the Supersonic GC-MS for service and institution GC-MS. Furthermore, unlike with LC-MS, the Supersonic GC-MS is operated with a one universal method which with minor changes encompasses the vast majority of analyses hence saving method development time. The 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS, in contrast to flow injection electrospray or MALDI, provides quantitative information on the yield of organic chemical reactions, on reaction by-products, products purity and on the availability of isomers. Unlike ESI or APCI LC-MS Cold EI with the 5975-SMB does not suffer from any ion suppression effect and provides uniform, compound independent response hence it uniquely provides quantitative analysis of your reaction products for its semi-on-line optimization. Combined with the provision of fast, real time analysis what else can be requested from institutional service GC-MS. It is truly the ideal GC-MS for institutes.
Available Papers, Application Notes and Data Files for the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB
GC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams (Cold EI) and in particular the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI generated over 120 peer review publications and applications notes. Thus, this technology was extensively evaluated and proved its effectiveness and usefulness in broad range of applications. Please brows through the list of applications below to find your specific application or area of interest and please ask us about it as we also worked on many other unlisted applications. We shall be happy to discuss your challenging application and analyze your sample thus please contact us about having any of the application below and about information on your specific application with the 5975-SMB.
Selected peer review publications on GC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams. Papers marked in blue are recommended for reading for better understanding of the capabilities of GC-MS with SMB and Cold EI.
1. Aviv Amirav, Alexander B. Fialkov and Alexander Gordin "Improved Electron Ionization Ion Source for the Detection of Supersonic Molecular Beams" Rev. Sci. Instrum. 73, 2872-2876 (2002).
2. Maya Kochman, Alexander Gordin, Paulina Goldshlag, Steven J. Lehotay and Aviv Amirav "Fast, High Sensitivity, Multi-Pesticide Analysis of Complex Mixtures with the Supersonic GC-MS" J. Chromatog. A. 974, 185-212 (2002).
3. Alexander B. Fialkov, Alexander Gordin and Aviv Amirav "Extending the
Compounds Amenable for Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry Analysis" J. Chromatog. A. 991, 217-240 (2003).
4. Alexander. B. Fialkov and Aviv Amirav "Cluster Chemical Ionization for Improved Confidence Level in Sample Identification” Rapid.
Mass. Spectrom., 17, 1326-1338 (2003).
5. Alexander B. Fialkov and Aviv Amirav "The Identification of Novel Synthetic Organic Compounds with the Supersonic GC-MS" J. Chromatog. A. 1058, 233-242 (2004).
6. Ori Granot and Aviv Amirav "Electron Ionization LC-MS of Cold Molecules in a Supersonic Molecular Beam" Int. J. Mass. Spectrom. 244, 15-28 (2005).
7. Alexander B. Fialkov, Urs Steiner, Larry Jones and Aviv Amirav "A New Type of GC-MS with Advanced Capabilities”. Int. J. Mass. Spectrom. 251, 47-58 (2006).
8. Tal Alon and Aviv Amirav "Isotope Abundance Analysis Method and Software for Improved Sample Identification with the Supersonic GC-MS” Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom., 20, 2579-2588 (2006).
9. Maya Kochman, Alexander Gordin, Tal Alon and Aviv Amirav "Flow Modulation Comprehensive Two-Dimensional Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry with a Supersonic Molecular Beams" J. Chromatog. A. 1129, 95-104 (2006).
10. Alexander B. Fialkov, Urs Steiner, Steven J. Lehotay and Aviv Amirav "Sensitivity and Noise in GC-MS: Achieving Low Limits of Detection for Difficult Analytes" Int. J. Mass. Spectrom 260, 31-48 (2007).
11. Aviv Amirav, Alexander Gordin, Marina Poliak, Tal Alon and Alexander B. Fialkov "Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry with Supersonic Molecular Beams" Feature Article in J. Mass. Spectrom. 43, 141-163 (2008). Review article on the GC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams technology which is available on request.
12. Marina Poliak, Maya Kochman and Aviv Amirav "Pulsed Flow Modulation Comprehensive Two Dimensional Gas Chromatography" J. Chromatogr. A. 1186, 189-195 (2008).
13. Alexander B. Fialkov and Aviv Amirav "Hydrocarbons and Fuel Analysis with the Supersonic GC-MS - The Novel Concept of Isomer Abundance Analysis". J. Chromatogr. A. 1195, 127-135 (2008).
14. Alexander Gordin, Aviv Amirav and Alexander B. Fialkov "Classical Electron Ionization Mass Spectra with GC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams" Rapid. Commun. Mass Spectrom. 22, 2660-2666 (2008).
15. Marina Poliak, Alexander B. Fialkov and Aviv Amirav "Pulsed Flow Modulation Two-Dimensional Comprehensive Gas Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry with Supersonic Molecular Beams" J. Chromatogr. A. 1210, 108-114 (2008).
16. Ilia Brondz, Alexander B. Fialkov and Aviv Amirav "Analysis of Quinocide Contaminant in Unprocessed Primaquine Diphosphate and 7.5 mg Primaquine Diphosphate Tablets Using Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry with Supersonic Molecular Beams" J. Chromatogr. A. 1216, 824-829 (2009).
17. Tal Alon and Aviv Amirav "Isotope Abundance Analysis for Improved Sample Identification with Tandem Mass Spectrometry" Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 23, 3668-3672 (2009).
18. Marina Poliak, Alexander Gordin and Aviv Amirav "Open Probe – A Novel Method and Device for Ultra Fast Electron Ionization Mass Spectrometry Analysis" Anal. Chem. 82, 5777-5782 (2010).
19. Ilia Brondz and Klaus Høiland "Biogenesis of infractine alkaloids in Cortinarius infractus: Importance of 5-Hydroxytriptophane pathway in biogenesis of alkaloids in mushrooms" Trends in Chromatography (2011).
20. Anna Voloshenko, Rimma Shelkov, Ovadia Lev and Jenny Gun "GC determination of N-nitrosamines by supersonic molecular beam MS equipped with triple quadrupole analyzer, GC/SMB/QQQ/MS" Anal. Chim. Acta. 685, 162-169 (2011).
21. Alexander B. Fialkov, Mati Morag and Aviv Amirav "A Low Thermal Mass Fast GC and its Implementation in Fast GC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams" J. Chromtogr. A. 1218, 9375-9383 (2011).
22. Aviv Amirav, Alexander Gordin, Youlia Hagooly, Shlomo Rozen, Bogdan Belgorodsky, Boaz Seemann, Hanit Marom, Michael Gozin and Alexander B. Fialkov "Measurement and Optimization of Organic Chemical reaction Yields by GC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams" Submitted for publication, manuscript available on request.
5975-SMB Applications which are published and available on the Advanced GC-MS Blog Journal:
- Pesticide Analysis by Pulsed Flow Modulation GCxGC-MS with Cold EI – An Alternative to GC-MS-MS
- Pulsed Flow Modulation GCxGC-MS with Cold EI – The Emergence of Novel Concept of GCxGCxMS
- Extending the Range of Compounds Amenable for GC-MS Analysis
- Organo-Iodine Compounds Analysis by the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- What Can be Improved in GC-MS – When Multi Benefits are Transformed into a GC-MS Revolution
- Free Fatty Acids Analysis by GC-MS - Cold EI Versus Standard EI
- Nitrogen as an Alternative for Helium as a Carrier Gas for 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- Does this Pill Contain its Claimed Active Ingredients? Finasteride in Male Baldness Treatment Pills
- How Does MS-MS Fail
- Isomer Distribution Analysis – A New Tool for Organic Geochemistry Analysis
- Peak Tailing – Like an Iceberg, it Hides Signal More than Commonly Perceived
- Enhancing the Identification Capabilities of EI GC-MS - How Quadrupole GC-MS can compete with High Resolution TOF
- Advanced GC-MS Presentations of Aviv Analytical in Pittcon 2013
- Extraterrestrial Allende Meteorite Analysis by the Aviv Analytical ChromatoProbe and 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- The Discovery of New Ant Head Compounds via ChromatoProbe Sampling and 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- C-4 Explosives Characterization by the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- Drug Impurities Analysis by the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- A Universal Method for Pesticide Analysis with the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- Selectivity Enhancement for the Reduction of Matrix Interference in GC-MS – Cold EI as an Alternative to MS-MS
- Organic Chemical Reaction Yields Optimization by GC-MS with Cold EI and Walk-by GC-FID
- Measurement and Optimization of Organic Chemical Reaction Yields by GC-MS with Cold EI
- Ants Communication Exploration via their Wax Analysis by GC-MS with Cold EI – The Unique Role of Hydrocarbon Isomer Distributions
- Flies Wax Analysis by GC-MS with Cold EI and its Comparison with Standard EI
- Cold EI – Approaching the Ideal GC-MS Ion Source
- Pistol Oil Analysis by the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI – A New Forensic Method for the Verification of Pistol Holding
- Approaching a Step Forward Towards the CSI Vision - Cannabis Seeds Identification with the 5975-SMB GC-MS and Cold EI
- Arson Analysis by GC-MS with Cold EI – Fuel Fingerprinting by Isomer Distribution Analysis
- Nonoxynol-9 Spermicide Analysis using the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- Glycidyl Esters Analysis by the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- Jojoba Oil Analysis using the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- Beeswax in Fruit and Vegetables Analysis and the Emerging Challenge of Material Identification
- Helium Shortage and Hydrogen as a Carrier Gas for GC-MS
- AM2201 Synthetic Cannabis Analysis using the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- Hydrocarbon Isomers - Why Aren't They Analyzed
- Tetryl Analysis using the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- The Effects of Enhanced Molecular Ions on NIST's Identification Probability
- By how much is the Molecular Ion Enhanced in Cold EI
- Dramatically Improved Hydrocarbon Analysis with the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- Very Fast Heroin Analysis – The Role of Flow Programming
- Sample Identification – Which is a Better Method and Instrument, GC-MS with its Library Search or LC-HR-MS with the Provision of Elemental Formula?
- Signal versus Signal to Noise Ratio in Mass Spectrometry
- OFN Sensitivity Specifications – Are they of any Value or Just a Game
Also Available upon request are many other applications including:
- Pesticide Analysis with the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams. Detailed 34 slides recent presentation on this topic that demonstrates the unique and advanced capabilities of the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB in pesticides analysis in complex agricultural matrices. A new and effective universal method for pesticide analysis is described.
- Determination of Captan Residues in Persimmon using GC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams Interface. Poster presentation given by Paulina Goldshlag from the Israel Plant Protection Center at the 2010 EPRW meeting.
- Determination of authentic 55 ppb Endosulfanesulphate in organic olive oil.
- Organic Chemistry Synthesis Optimization by the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams. Power point presentation and paper 22 above.
- Supersonic Fact GC-MS with under one minute full analysis cycle time (paper 21 above).
- The analysis of Abietic acid (available figure and Cold EI mass spectrum)
- The analysis of TATP and HMTD explosives (Available figure and mass spectra). Further information on explosives analysis can be found in papers number 3 and 21).
- Fast heroin and ecstasy street drugs analysis with the 5975-SMB.
- Sensitivity demonstrations with OFN full scan and SIM. (Available figures. Further information can be found in paper number 10).
- RSD evaluation of 100 fg on-column OFN with the 5975-SMB.
- 5975-SMB with Cold EI comparison with 5975 with Standard EI. A comparative study of the relative sensitivity of 5975-SMB versus 5975 with few sensitivity parameters and a demonstration of the sensitivity gain achieved with Cold EI and SMB.
- The analysis of carbamazepine and its metabolites, without degradation and all with molecular ions, in pure sample and in treated sewage water.
- The analysis of a new class of flame retardants with MW range in the 900-1000 amu.
- Analysis of quinocide impurity in primaquine malaria drug tablets (paper 16)
- Analysis of 3 Chloroquin isomers in Malaria drug tablet.
- Analysis of Hyperforin drug and bromophenylhyperforin drug precursor.
- Analysis of hopanes and stearanes in petrochemical matrices.
- Allende meteorite analysis via thermal extraction with the ChromatoProbe and 5975-SMB.
- Arson investigations related analyses with the 5975-SMB and the use of isomer abundance analysis for fuel characterization and origin determination.
- Asphalt analysis with the 5975-SMB.
- Beeswax analysis in fruits and vegetables and the establishment of beeswax fingerprint for its trace level identification and analysis.
- Cholesterol, cholesterylesters and triglycerides analysis in blood (Lipidomics).
- Hydrocarbons isomers mass spectral effects and isomer abundance analysis.
- Cisplatin analysis by Supersonic GC-MS.
- Flowers wax analysis by 5975-SMB.
- F16 Jet Fighter oil analysis with the 5975-SMB and its comparison with standard 5975 analysis. (two notes on two different oils)
- Flesh Flies wax analysis by the 5975-SMB and a comparison with standard 5975.
- Industrial polyglycols analysis by the 5975-SMB.
- Linear dynamic range (LDR) of six decades with OFN and 5975-SMB.
- Liquid crystal compounds analysis with the 5975-SMB.
- When and how does MS-MS fail?
- The analysis of N-Nitrosoamines in baby soothers with the 7000-SMB (paper number 20).
- Nonylphenol analysis with the 5975-SMB with molecular ions to all and with large isomer mass spectral effects.
- Printers machine oil analysis by the 5975-SMB.
- Omega 3 EPA and DHA Analysis by the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB Supersonic GC-MS.
- Orellanine in stomach analysis (paper in press by Prof. Brondz).
- Ramelteon drug impurities and isomers analysis at the sub 0.1% level.
- Drugs and their impurities analysis with the 5975-SMB.
- Oxygenated compounds in wax analysis by the 5975-SMB.
- Bacteria produced compounds analysis.
- Sitosteroldecanoate analysis by the 5975-SMB.
- FAMES isomers analysis by the 5975-SMB.
- PAHs analysis with the 5975-SMB up to 7 rings and up to 10 rings.
- Large marine toxins analysis with the 5975-SMB.
- PBDE analysis slide.
- Tranquilizers drugs analysis by the 5975-SMB.
- Demonstration of uniform response by 7000-SMB and 5975-SMB (two slides).
- Analysis of thermally labile carbamate pesticide mixture.
- Cluster chemical ionization for obtaining unambiguous identification of the molecular ions of carbamate pesticides.
- Wax analysis with molecular ions up to C86H174.
- Ultra fast (7 s elution time) analysis of 10 ng/g diazinon in agricultural matrix with 1200-SMB GC-MS-MS.
- Sensitivity evaluation with OFN, Diazinone, testosterone cholesterol, C32H66 and decabromobiphenylether and the concept of reduction of the "OFN gap" with the supersonic GC-MS.
- Temperature effects on EI ion source - The conflict between molecular ion abundance and peak tailing and its elimination with SMB.
- Vacuum background elimination with GC-MS with SMB.
- Extending the range of compounds amenable for analysis with the Supersonic GC-MS and examples with aldicarb corticosterone and explosives (PETN and Tetryl).
- Testosterone analysis in Florida Alligators blood.
- The use of two ions that include enhanced molecular ion instead of the standard three ion method for improved pesticide analysis.
- Large volume injection with high column flow rate using the 1200-SMB.
- Classical EI-SMB and how to obtain standard classical EI mass spectra with the 5975-SMB by a simple method change.
- Classical EI-SMB for improved library identification of isomers.
- Isomer abundance analysis – A novel method for fuel characterization.
- Gasoline analysis and characterization.
- Kerosene analysis and characterization.
- Diesel fuel analysis and characterization.
- Oil analysis, characterization and correlation with cold weather operation.
- Transformer oil analysis for the identification of onset of internal discharges.
- Biodiesel analysis and identification of its heavy content of sterols, diglycerides and triglycerides.
- Ultra fast flow injection characterization of diesel fuels and motor oils.
- Pulsed flow modulation GCxGC-MS with SMB of diesel fuel.
- Pesticide analysis in agricultural matrices with pulsed flow modulation GCxGC-MS and GCxGC-MS-MS with SMB.
- Improved analysis of phthalate plasticizers, including the large-multi-isomers Dinonylphthalate and Didecylphthalate, through their molecular ions and high mass fragment ions.
- The analysis of 1 ppm isopropylmyristate in hair lotion.
- Identification of unknown family of isomers through unique availability of its molecular ion and high mass fragments.
- Elimination of ion source peak tailing for pentachlorophenol and heavy PAHs.
- High mass tuning using the ChromatoProbe and C20F42 on m/z=1038
- The use of hydrogen as a carrier and make up gas with GC-MS with SMB.
- Analysis of FAMEs at 2.5-5 ppm in jet fuel (trace Biodiesel in jet fuel) with 5975-SMB and other types of GC-MS with SMB.
- Analysis of plasticizers (phthalates and nonylphenol) in plastic toys with the ChromatoProbe and GC-MS with SMB.
- Analysis of unknown organic synthetic compounds mixture and the use of Supersonic GC-MS for service GC-MS.
- Allergens standard sample analysis.
- Oleander leaf analysis with ChromatoProbe thermal extraction and 5975-SMB.
- Plasticizers in plastics analysis (phthalates, alkyl phenols, silicon oils and mineral oil) with ChromatoProbe thermal extraction.
- Additives and plasticizers (including biphenylamine) analysis in rubbers with ChromatoProbe thermal extraction.
- Organometallic compounds in rubber analysis.
- Polybrominated biphenyl ether compound analysis including decabromo diphenyl ether (PBDE 209) and decabromo diphenyl ethane.
- Haloperidol and its metabolites analysis.
- Teva Fluoxetine (Prozac) main synthetic impurities analysis.
- Carbamazepine analysis as treated sewage water marker and the elimination of it injector degradation to iminostilbene.
- Cerebrospinal fluid analysis for its metabolites.
- Trace TATP and Rsalt explosives analysis.
- Food aroma analysis.
- Geochemical samples analysis (broad range of 17 different samples).
- Naphthenic acids analysis in Karvan mixture.
- Estradiol and testosterone in treated sewage water analysis with pulsed flow modulation GCxGC-SMB-MS.
- Estradiol and its isomers identification via isomer MS effects and deuterium exchange.
- The analysis of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) with the Open Probe and SMB-MS (homeland security application).
- Membrane introduction mass spectrometry with the 5975-SMB – On line water and air analysis.
- C10-C44 17 hydrocarbons mixture analysis in under one minute full analysis cycle time.
- TATP,TNT and RDX explosive mixture analysis in under one minute full analysis cycle time.
- Fast organic synthesis process control and monitoring.
- Ultra fast 5 ppm FAMEs (Biodiesel) in jet fuel analysis in under one minute full analysis cycle time.
- Universal fast pesticide analysis in under one minute full analysis cycle time.
- Ultra fast pesticide confirmation by GC-MS-MS with SMB in under one minute full analysis cycle time.